Today third-party developers had a lot of news to share about upcoming and released add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We start with the BAE 146, which received an impressive video featuring mostly the soundscape that we can expect when the aircraft is released by Just Flight.
Of course, the video is also full of eye candy, so it’s not just about audio.
It was supposed to release on March 28, but we learn that the developer has decided to relay it in order to polish ground handling further.
We then get a trailer from iniBuilds and its partner developer Xometry Design, showing off Victorville Airport (KVCV) in California, US.
We also get pricing information and a list of official features. The airport will cost $17.14.
- Detailed buildings
- High resolution ground textures
- Accurately ground markings and writings
- Ground traffic
- PBR normal maps
- Realistic wear, tar, cracks and stains
- Over 150 accurately placed static aircraft and custom objects
- Custom night lighting
- Custom taxiway edge lights
- Accurately placed, realistic vegetation (3D grass, bushes and trees)
- Heavily edited high-resolution orthoimagery
- Aircraft wrecks and disassembled aircraft parts
- Pre- and Covid-Pandemic versions
Among the innovations included in the airport, there will be a working Apron Warning System with dynamic lights depending on the weather.
We then get a relevant announcement, with Macco Simulations breaking the silence and revealing its new airport, Cancun (MMUN) in Mexico.
The airport will be released in early April and below you can check out a trailer, screenshots, and a features list.
- Fully Custom Jetways
- PBR materials used throughout, utilising 4k textures where appropriate
- 8 layers of ground textures
- Fully optimized LODs for best performance on PC and XBOX
- Interior modelling for better pilot immersion
- Custom lighting across the aprons
- Custom static vehicles
- Custom taxi signs
Finally moving on to releases, FlySimWare released the Cessna 414AW Chancellor in beta.
It’s available at the developer’s own store for $39.99.
Below you can read an official features list and take a look at plenty of screenshots.
- Real World operational
- Over 100 dynamic light effects
- Realistic flight dynamics
- 4K full PBR textures (Created by 3DReach)
- Interactive environment sounds
- Over 70 recorded sounds from the actual aircraft
- All sounds produced using the game industry standard Wwise software
- (PANEL 1 )Garmin GTX327 / GMA 340 / GNS 530 / ADF C1046A / DME C1077B / COM 2 C1038A / NAV 2 RN-1079A
- (PANEL 2) 605 Autopilot / RT859 Transponder / GTN 750Xi (Requires you own TDS GTN750Xi for MSFS)
- (PANEL 3) 605 Autopilot / RT859 Transponder / GTN 750 (Requires you own PMS50 GTN750 for MSFS)
- Includes a Cessna RN-1079A NAV 2 RNAV radio (RNAV not simulated)
- Includes a Davtron M811B clock
- Includes a fuel computer CFS 2000A
- Includes a High quality pilot and copilot
- Windshield rain effects
- Exterior icing effects
- Parking mode includes Chocks, Tie Downs, Engine Plugs, Static wick covers and pitot tube covers
- Includes Ground Power Unit
- Adjusting payload loads and unloads luggage and extra seating
- Engine cooling sound effects (Window position changes volume of engine sounds)
- Full exterior walk around checklist with custom camera views
- Custom coded checklist with interactive copilot
Last, but not least, UK2000 Scenery released John Wayne Airport (KSNA) serving Orange County and Santa Ana in California, US.
It’s currently available on the developer’s own store for £14.99.
- Full detail Buildings
- Realistic Ground Markings
- Hi Res ground image
- Stunning Night Effects
- High details Airport Vehicles
- Excellent Frame Rates
- Full set of signs
- GA Static Aircraft
- PBR Materials
- Animated ‘WigWags’
- Animated Radar
- Internal Tower details
- Internal Pier details
- Animates Jetways
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review that will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.