Today Gearbox Publishing released a brief teaser video of its upcoming looting-slashing game Godfall.
The trailer showcases a duel between a player in their valor plate using a variety of weapons and an enemy equipped with an enormous shield.
It also comes in 4k resolution and 60 FPS, so it should provide a decent idea of what the game might look like on PS5.
You can check it out below and see if it piques your interest.
Godfall is developed by Counterplay and it’s coming in Holiday 2020 just in time for the launch of PS5, alongside a version for PC on the Epic Games Store.
If you want to see more, you can check out an extensive PS5 gameplay presentation from the latest State of Play, a gameplay trailer from the PS5 reveal event, and one for the PC version. We also got a bunch of rather lovely wallpapers and another teaser trailer.
Here’s how the developers describe the game.
“Aperion is on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.”
- Adventure across exotic vistas, from the above-ground reefs of the Water Realm to the subterranean crimson forests of the Earth Realm
- Master all five weapon classes, each with unique playstyles and a variety of longswords, polearms, warhammers, greatswords, and dual blades
- Level up, learn new skills, and uncover legendary weapons with devastating effects on the battlefield
- Unlock 12 Valorplates: Divine, Zodiac-inspired suits of armor that empower you to shred every enemy between you and Macros
- Test your skills in the Tower of Trials and challenge yourself against the toughest foes and earn top-tier loot
- Fight solo, or alongside friends with three-player PvE online co-op play