Following today’s reveals during the latest Letter from the Producer Live, Square Enix sent in a press release including a bunch of official screenshots.
The images showcase various elements of the upcoming update 5.2 “Echoes of a Falling Star,” which will release on February 18.
We get to see the battle against the Ruby Weapon, Ramuh, Garuda, and Ifrit from the Eden Verse raid, and the gear that you’ll be able to earn by defeating them.
Last, but not least, we also get a pair of screenshots showcasing the story of the Save the Queen: Blades of Gunnhildr questline, which will let you earn new upgradable equipment.
The press release also include a handy bulleted list of the feature you can expect from the patch.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The acclaimed narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn await such time as the Crystal Exarch might return them home.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties. Eden’s Verse also introduces the character of Gaia, created by famed FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Cinder Drift – Players can challenge the Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the lore behind the all new Weapon series.
- Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content will allow players to board a ship at specified times to enjoy fishing on the high seas, receiving experience and scrips based off the fish caught. Meeting certain conditions while aboard will grant all passengers the chance of a big haul.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update (Patch 5.21) – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New “Resistance Weapon” Equipment Enhancement Quest Series (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- In-Game Adjustments – Players can expect to see several tweaks to Jobs, PvP Actions and New Game+ alongside several Crafter and Gatherer updates.
If you’d like to learn more about Final Fantasy XIV, you can read our recent interview with Naoki Yoshida and Banri Oda, our review of the latest expansion, and our article explaining why it features the best story among all the tales told by the Final Fantasy series.
A few weeks ago we also learned that the game has passed 18 million registered users.
You can also enjoy the report on our latest visit to the Eorzea Cafe in Tokyo, one about the latest orchestra concert, and our look at the recent uniqlo collaboration.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PS4 and PC. Last month, Xbox boss Phil Spencer pledged to help bring the game to Xbox One as well.