The developers behind Monster Hunter: World estimates that the game’s story campaign takes around 40-50 hours to complete.
Speaking to German online magazine Mein-MMO, producer Ryozo Tsujimoto said the average player will likely take around 40 to 50 hours to neat the game’s story, and they will spend more playtime crafting and upgrading their gear afterwards. Director Yuya Tokuda adds that players can enjoy more activities post-launch through free updates and weekly event quests.
The team’s estimate for Monster Hunter: World’s length aligns with the average completion time of previous games in the series. To illustrate, here’s the completion time of a few other Monster Hunter games based on How Long to Beat‘s stats:
- Monster Hunter Generations- Main Story: 59 hours ; Main Story + Extra: 96 1/2 hours
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – Main Story: 87 1/2 hours ; Main Story + Extra: 158 hours
- Monster Hunter Tri – Main Story: 58 Hours; Main Story + Extra: 152 hours
- Monster Hunter Freedom 2 – Main Story: 49 hours; Main Story + Extra: 69 1/2 hours
Unlike past games in the series, Capcom aims to provide a compelling narrative to Monster Hunter: World. Quests are also streamlined this time around, allowing everyone to play however they want.
Monster Hunter: World launches on PS4 and Xbox One on Jan. 26, 2018 with the PC version launching sometime after.
Check Out More News
- Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition Blasts Off Next Year
- Watch a Brutal Boss Fight From Darksiders III Featuring Fury
- New Far Cry 5 Trailer Shows the Power of Resistance
- Monster Hunter: World PS4 Open Beta Coming Next Week