Third-party developers revealed new assets and development updates for their upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, while two airports have been released.
We start with Ouroboros Jets, which provided images and an update about its freeware Embraer E170, which appears to have made a lot of progress.
“Good morning or night where ever you might be in the world. It’s been a long time since that last update we posted but I’m here to say we are back to inform you with the latest changes to the Ejets. Updates will be a bit shorter from now on since most of us are incredibly busy. The biggest change we will touch more on in future updates is our decision to move into LOAD27 for our displays. We have greater resources and most real life ejet fleets have moved over to this system upgrade. We’ve also re-coded almost all of the previous work with SVG code, which is a lighter weight method of displaying things on the screen. It will also reduce file size marginally. It’s not something that we *had* to do but it’s something we wanted to do. The goal is still an accurate and performant Ejet. LincolnCFCruz has also put in some hard work for systems since asobo raised our bus limits and gave us a fantastic new tool for debugging electrical systems. Happy Holidays!”
- “Completed” Electrical configuration files
- “Completed” Fuel configuration files
- Loading screen images and tips introduced (Still a WIP)
- Waiting for target performance
- Entire Cockpit further optimized to reduce tricount to 242K (We can now add more detail!)
- UV Maps reset and being remade for smaller file size and better resource management (VRam Constraints)
- Object Data “shared” to suppliment reduced texture usage
- New Placard Decals underway
- Circuit Breakers remade
- Various cockpit buttons are now higher fidelity
- Continued XML testing with Autopilot functionality
- Seats now articulated and adjustable
- Shading errors around the entire model fixed
- New fan blades
- Fixed rudder’s trailing edge model
- Complete rework of “taco” on the bottom of jet
- Rework of entire code base in SVG + LOAD27 visuals
- PFD, EICAS, MFD, MCDU, Clock, bkp AHRS all to be shown off in future updates
[Per developer request]
- New XML code to “Link” sounds with animations
To follow the developer’s progress, you can check out its Discord server.
Next is the McDonnell Douglas DC-10/KC-10 Extender from Aero Dynamics. Not only we get two screenshots (one for each version) but also a list of liveries that will be provided for the KC-10A
- 85-0030: McGuire AMC Tail
- 83-0080: Travis AMC Tail
- 86-0030: Seymour Shamu SAC Tail (Lucky Lisa)
- 83-0082: Barksdale Legacy SAC Tail (Bayou Babe)
- RNLAF KDC-10 (Fictional)
- Omega Tanker (Fictional)
Incidentally, the aircraft will be freeware, and you can follow its development at the developer’s Discord Server.
We continue with MK-Studios, which provided new screenshots of Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (LIRF) in Rome, Italy.
The developer also teased upcoming airports in Ireland and Germany.
Moving on to releases, both came exclusively to the official marketplace, so you won’t find store links below. You’ll have to find them in the marketplace within the simulator. Searching their ICAO code will suffice. Both airports are available on PC and Xbox.