Today Marvel and Netmarble had a big reveal to make about it’s upcoming AAA open-world mobile game Marvel Future Revolution.
First of all, we learn that pre-registration opens globally right now for both iOS and Android. The actual release date remains to be announced.
First of all, below you can take a look at the story trailer.
The second video below showcaeses the locations that you will be able to visit in the game at its release.
Next, we take a look at the playable characters available at launch. These include Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, and Storm.
Customization is also a big deal in the game, allowing you to create about 400 million costume combinations per hero.
We can also take a look at the action combat that we’ll be able to enjoy when the game launches.
Several multiplayer modes have been announced today, starting with Blitz, which lets four players team up to defeat an iconic boss.
Next is we have the Special Operations mode, also for four players, prompted to accomplish missions designed to convey the superhero experience.
The next mode, Omega war is a 10 vs. 10 large-scale team-based competitive PvP mode.
The last mode announced today is even bigger, supporting up to 50 players and named Dark Zone. It’s a mix between free-for-all PvP and boss battles. It rewards players with the most valuable items and materials in the game.
The last video showcases the pre-registration rewards including costumes inspired by Marvel’s comics.
During a behind-closed-doors presentation, Twinfinite learned from the developers that the game is a long-term engagement for Marvel and Netmarble, and new regions will be added to the open world after release, while more characters will be implemented in the roster. The developers hope to reveal the next character before the end of this year.
We also get to check out plenty screenshots and the key artwork, which you can see below.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s an official description and a set of bullet points to catch you up with what it’ll offer.
MARVEL Future Revolution begins when numerous Earths converge in the multiverse to form an entirely new ‘Primary Earth’ filled with unique zones and missions to explore, such as the high-tech New Stark City, the dangerous Hydra Empire, the wild and rugged Sakaar, and many more. As agents of the newly formed ‘Omega Flight’ Super Hero team, players will work together to battle an onslaught of Super Villains and defend the ‘Primary Earth’ from a never-ending series of threats. Eight playable Super Heroes, including Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, and Storm, will be outfitted in an extensive collection of iconic costumes from throughout the Marvel Universe, with a tremendous selection of more than 400 million costume combinations per hero to choose from.
- MARVEL-INSPIRED OPEN WORLD: Players can fully immerse themselves in Marvel’s first Open World mobile game. From the high-tech New Stark City to unique zones like Hydra Empire, Xandearth, Midgardia and Sakaar, players can expect to discover original Marvel landmarks, legendary characters and homage missions tying directly back to fan-favorite stories and events.
- EPIC MULTIPLAYER CONTENT: BATTLES, MISSIONS AND MORE: Marvel Super Heroes save worlds in danger due to a “Convergence” phenomenon (Dimensional collision). Players will partake in Epic Missions, which follow the main storyline, coupled with Side Missions that unlock sub-storylines to experience. As players progress, multiplayer content will unlock, including Blitz, Special Operation, Raids, and more. Players will also be able to flex their Super Hero skills in various PvP modes, from 1 vs 1 matches up to 10 vs 10 matches of high-level players.
- FAN-FAVORITE CHARACTERS WITH CUSTOMIZABLE COSTUMES: Players will choose from eight Marvel Super Heroes – Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, and Storm – and participate in high-stakes action battles and storylines based on original Marvel Comics. Characters will be outfitted in an extensive collection of iconic costumes from the Marvel Universe, with more than 400 million costume combinations per hero available to create highly personalized and unique looks. Players can try their hands as various Super Heroes, with the shared benefits of a Squad System that enables them to level up to new characters.
- HIGH QUALITY VISUALS COUPLED WITH CINEMATIC ACTION BATTLES AGAINST FEARSOME MARVEL FOES: Go up against a variety of enemies from Marvel’s portfolio of iconic Super Villains and their henchmen – including the minions of Ultron, the Kingpin’s thugs, soldiers of Hydra, and A.I.M. Scientists, among others. Players can fight and defeat powerful bosses like Yellowjacket, M.O.D.O.K. and Thanos as part of Marvel’s signature, over-the-top Super Hero combat thanks to the power of the Unreal Engine and Netmarble’s adept delivery of tense cinematic moments.
- ALWAYS-ON & EVOLVING: Players will always have something to do when logging into MARVEL Future Revolution, whether it’s personalizing heroes, participating in epic battles, competing in a variety of PvP modes, or building up new Super Heroes. New content will be added throughout the game’s life, ensuring there is always something new to achieve in-game.
Last, but not least, we hear from the developers. First of all, Netmarble US president Simon Sim shared a comment:
“Working with a world-class IP like Marvel has enabled us to roll out unparalleled mobile gaming experiences over the years, and MARVEL Future Revolution will catapult franchise fans to an entirely new level.
The game promises a fun and engaging experience for Marvel diehards and casual mobile gamers alike, offering unique action RPG gameplay on a massive scale.
Utilizing the Squad System, MARVEL Future Revolution players will have the opportunity to level up and play as new characters. They’ll also be able to flex their Super Hero skills in various PvP (Player versus Player) modes, ranging from 1 vs 1 matches up to 10 vs 10 matches between high-level players. As players progress, multiplayer content will unlock, including Blitz, Special Operation, Raids, and more.”
Next comes Marvel Games VP or Creative Bill Rosemann.
“From the gleaming spires of New Stark City to the shadowed alleyways of Hydra Empire, players around the globe will be thrilled with the vast vistas waiting for them to explore in the wild open world crafted by our friends at Netmarble.
Whether you’re soaring through the skies as Storm or barreling through enemies as Captain America, players can live out their Super Hero dreams on an unprecedented scale filled with all the action, drama, humor, and fun that fans expect from Marvel.”
Last, but not least, we hear from Marvel Games director of product development Danny Koo.
“Our ongoing collaboration with Netmarble has allowed us to bring the expansive worlds, exciting characters, and fan-favorite stories from the Marvel Universe to mobile gamers seamlessly.
We are ecstatic to bring this revolutionary mobile game to fans around the world and can’t wait for everyone to experience it!”
If you’d like to see more of Marvel Future Revolution, you can enjoy more trailers that have been released during the original reveal of the game at PAX East last year, another showcasing customization, and more recent trailers featuring Storm, Black Widow, Star-Lord, and Spider-Man.