Today third-party developers had news and releases to share about aircraft and airport add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
“Our full attention is focused on the Dash 7 in cooperation with PILOT’S GesmbH. The exterior model is undergoing decal placement, so we are placing rivets, panel lines and de-ice boots. After that, the aircraft will be ready to receive its last coating of dirt and grime over the detail, which will complete the exterior textures. The liveries are awaiting their “use marks” but other than that they are done, and some screenshots can be seen here. The liveries included will be British Antarctic Survey, Air Greenland, Brymon, Berjaya Air, Tyrolean and Continental. The cockpit is undergoing decal placement. Right now, all the flight instruments are marked enough for us to do flight testing. We are working on placing the rest of the labels and correcting some model flaws before falling head-first into the textures.
The flight model of the aircraft is complete, and focus on that front is on engine tuning. Right now, the engine produces the right amount of torque and RPM, so we have work to do with the propellers to get her up to speed.
Lastly, on the coding front, the cockpit is gradually activated. Our engine, hydraulic, oil gauges work, COM/NAV/ADF radios are active, and the basic flight instruments are also functional. The PN622 DME has been programmed, tested, and will be integrated into the cockpit any day now. Every day, more and more panels are coming to life.”
We also hear from Prealsoft Scenery Design, which mentioned that the largest part of the work on Tunis–Carthage International Airport (DTTA) in Tunisia is complete. We also get to see the first screenshot and more will come soon.
Moving on to release, Belfast International Airport (EGAA) in Northern Ireland by Pyreegue has been released.
You can purchase it on Orbx Direct for $20.70.
- Completely modelled terminal interior with animated people inside.
- Functional VDGS powered by noolaero. (Requires an external plugin)
- Custom Animated Jetway with a dynamic hood.
- Custom Ground polygons with hundreds of markings and accurate weathering
- 2022 layout
- Custom night lighting
- PBR texturing on all objects
- Hundreds of dynamic object levels of detail for ultra smooth, stutter-free performance.
- Default ATC/AI Traffic integration, Airline Codes specific to parking spots.
- Parallax windows on all objects to simulate an interior.
- Surroundings included, such as the massive parking lot behind the airport, Maldron Hotel, DX Express, DHL and Swissport logistics centres, McCausland Car Park, COSMO Car Hire and Parking, M&S Simply Food, EmoExpress Gas Station, Park&Fly Service, Military Barracks and a quite a few other buildings specific to the area.
- Animated Radars
- Window Rain Effects for terminal interior
- Highly detailed ATC tower interior with animated Tower Controllers
- Detailed Woodgate Aviation Hangar
- Static Business Jets
- Static Helicopters
- Static Airliners (Customizable option)
- Static one-of-a-kind Boeing RC135 Rivet Joint and an Airbus A400M
- Detailed fire training ground
Last, but not least, Mokui released Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport (PASI) in Alaska, United States.
You can purchase it on SimMarket for $11.25 plus applicable VAT.
- PASI (Sitka Airport) layout and buildings upgraded to 2022
- Custom Ground textures and wear
- Accurate airport buildings
- Reworked custom lighting
- Custom reworked airport signs
- Updated airport+runway terrain to match real world
- Sitka Seaplane (No icao code, US FAA id: A29) added
- Custom harbor models, breakwater and layout added and updated to 2022
- Seaplane dock added
- New suspension bridge landmark connecting Sitka and Airport (Oconnell Bridge)
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, the world update, and more.
If you’re curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Beijing Capital International Airport, Anchorage International Airport, Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.