Today Sony Interactive Entertainment and Polyphony Digital released a new update for Gran Turismo 7, numbered 1.07.
The update introduced a “Broadcast Mode” in the sound volume settings that basically opts out of all the licensed music tracks that could cause a copyright strike or claim when you’re livestreaming the game or publishing footage.
On top of that, there are several fixes to multiple modes within the game. Reportedly, the credits prizes for some events have also been changed, albeit the patch notes make no mention of that.
You can read the full patch notes below.
Main Features Implemented
- Added a [Broadcast Mode] option to the Sound Volume settings within the Global tab of the Options menu.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Car Settings
- Fixed an issue wherein an application error would occur when selecting a Setting Sheet from the Quick Menu > [Car Settings] > [Detailed Settings] screen within World Circuits while being in Offline Mode;
- Fixed an issue wherein copied Setting Sheets would disappear when the Car Settings were opened and closed;
- Fixed an issue wherein the Ford GT Race Car ’18 would only go into 1st gear when a Fully Customizable Manual Transmission or a Fully Customizable Sequential Transmission were installed;
- Fixed an issue wherein cars would be considered within regulation even though they did not meet the Balance of Performance (BoP) regulation.
- Fixed an issue wherein some Assist Settings, such as Auto-Drive, were able to be changed or saved even when ‘Limit Driving Options’ was set to ‘Prohibited.’
3. Missions & Licenses
- Fixed an issue wherein the modified Assist Settings in some events would be saved and would not go back to the default value even after leaving the event.
- Fixed an issue wherein for some events the wind direction and speed display were set to 0.
5. Licenses / Missions / Circuit Experiences
- Fixed an issue wherein the specified tires would not be equipped on the vehicle for the following events:
[A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner (Dirt Tires)
[IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate (Dirt Tires)
[IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert (Dirt Tires)
[S-5] One Lap Time Attack (Dirt Tires)
The Magic Mountain
・Jeep Night Safari (Dirt Tires)
Beyond the Horizon
・Beginner Drifting 1
・American Wilderness (Dirt Tires)
・Beginner Drifting 2 (Comfort: Medium Tires)
Gone with the Wind
・Divine moves on the Spa
・Intermediate Drifting 2 (Racing: Heavy Wet Tires)
The Sun Also Rises
・The White Winged Beast (Racing: Soft Tires)
■ Circuit Experiences
Colorado Springs (Dirt Tires)
Fishermans Ranch (Dirt Tires)
Sardegna – Windmills (Dirt Tires)
6. World Circuits
- Adjusted the rewards for events inside World Circuits according to driving time and difficulty. The adjusted events are as follows:
World Touring Car 800
・24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
World Rally Challenge
・Colorado Springs Lake
GT Cup Gr.4
・High Speed Ring
・Brands Hatch GP Circuit
GT Cup Gr.3
・Autodrome Lago Maggiore. Full
Clubman Cup Plus
・High Speed Ring
American Clubman Cup 700
・Special Stage Route X
American FR Challenge 550
・Blue Moon Bay Speedway
・Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
・Willow Springs Raceway
7. GT Auto
- Fixed an issue wherein opening the Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List] of the Livery Editor would make all the applied decals disappear;
- Fixed an issue wherein the Open Designs and Styles of the Livery Editor could not be opened until the game was rebooted if the temporary data were deleted.
- Fixed an issue wherein on rare occasions an application error would occur when purchasing cars from Brand Central, Used Cars, and Legendary Cars, or when receiving a car as a prize.
9. Physics Simulation Model
- Adjusted the model to reduce the grip lost when cars with high downforce are passing over a kerbstone while cornering at its limit.
- Fixed several issues that would occur when there was not enough free space available for temporary data downloaded from the network:
・The Used Cars lineup would not be displayed;
・The News on the Title Screen would not be displayed;
・The Styles could not be applied;
- Various other issues have been addressed.
You can also take a look at the editions available to plan your pre-order, a gameplay video focusing on the return of the Deep Forest Raceway track, another showing Daytona, the new Porsche Vision Gran Turismo, videos dedicated to the music, and another trailer from a few weeks ago.
We also saw a series of featurettes started a few months ago in which producer Kazunori Yamauchi talked about car culture in general, one on collecting cars, one on racing, one on liveries, one on the Scapes photo mode, one featuring tuning, and one on the power of PS5.