Today Insomniac Games announced some details and showcased a new video about the day-one patch of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
We learn that the update will include both a Performance Mode and a Performance RT mode, which will respectively target 60 FPS and 60 frames-per-second with ray tracing.
Mind you, the update is already available now in case you happen to already have the game for whatever reason.
As a bonus, we get a look at the latter in a short clip.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart releases exclusively for PS5 on June 11, 2021.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s a handy feature list. You can also take a good look at an older gameplay trailer, another from a few weeks ago, plenty of gameplay, and the latest story trailer.
- Blast your way home with an arsenal of outrageous weaponry.
- Experience the shuffle of dimensional rifts and dynamic gameplay.
- Explore never-before-seen planets and alternate dimension versions of old favorites.
- Feel in-game actions through the haptic feedback of the DualSense wireless controller.
- Take full control of advanced weapon mechanics, made possible by adaptive triggers.
- Planet-hop at hyper-speed via the near-instant loading of the PS5 console’s SSD.
- Immerse your ears with Tempest 3D AudioTech as you work to save the universe.
- Enhanced lighting and ray tracing render dazzling in-game worlds – displayed in crisp, dynamic 4K and HDR.
- Choose Performance Mode to enjoy targeted 60 frames per second gameplay.