Today Paradox Interactive released a new video about the upcoming Europa Universalis expansion titled Emperor.
The expansion will include relevant changes to the revolution mechanics, and the ability to declare yourself hegemon during the endgame, pretty much telling the whole world to rest uncomfortably under your heels.
The video provides an in-depth overview on what is going to change, and you can check it out below.
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honor for accumulating great wealth and armies.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Earn more bonuses for defending a major religion than for defending a small one.
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.