Today Paradox Interactive released a new video about the upcoming Europa Universalis expansion Emperor.
The expansion brings a lot of changes and features to religious gameplay, including new perks for Catholicism, theocracies, the Defender of the Faith status, and more.
The video provides a rather interesting overview on what is going to change, and you can check it out below.
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honor for accumulating great wealth and armies.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Earn more bonuses for defending a major religion than for defending a small one.
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.