Today Paradox Interactive released a new video of the upcoming Europa Universalis expansion Emperor.
Appropriately, a lot of new features focus on the Holy Roman Empire in order to spice up its gameplay and events.
We also hear about changes made to naval blockades, which will become pretty much a sort of legalized piracy, while ship combat will be less lethal, allowing part of the involved fleet to disengage with heavy damage.
You can check out the video below.
In case you missed it, here are the features coming with the expansion, which was announced back in March.
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the guillotine and revolutionary guard to enforce the new way of thinking.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: If you accomplish great feats, you should expect great rewards. Seize the mantle of honor for accumulating great wealth and armies.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Earn more bonuses for defending a major religion than for defending a small one.
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.