Now that we are entering May, we have an all-new set of bugs and fish that have become available to hunt for Blathers’ museum collection. The Mahi Mahi is one of those new creatures you will be hunting with your fishing rod. Here’s how to catch Mahi Mahi in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Mahi Mahi in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Mahi Mahi is available during the following months of the year, divided by hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: May to October
- Southern Hemisphere: November to April
For those fortunate enough to be set to the Northern Hemisphere, you will now be able to catch the glorious Mahi Mahi starting today! And since they are available all 24-hours in the day, you won’t have to set your alarm or jump on at any particular time.
Mahi Mahi Location
As you may recall from trying to hunt down those other pier-specific fish, they are super rare and tough to find, so this one might take a while. Using fish bait to quicken the spawning process will be your best bet, along with patience.
As is customary with other fishing endeavors, you will want to steady your aim directly in front of the shadow of the fish, making sure not to readjust if the target has spotted your lure.
Waiting for the lure to dip below the water before quickly hitting the A button will mean the difference between excitement and disappointment.
Mahi Mahi Sell Price
Since this fish will be so rare to find, it comes with a high Bell price of 6000 Bells for those lucky enough to reel it in.
That about sums up everything you’d need to know about how to catch Mahi Mahi in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Check out the wiki for more guides for all titles, or search Twinfinite for all your video game needs!
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New December Fish & Bugs You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch a Dung Beetle
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Puppies (Puppy Plushies)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients