There’s a ton of fish to catch in Animal Crossing New Horizons and if you’re trying to fill up Blather’s Museum with every single type, it can be a daunting experience unless you have some trusty fish bait with you to get more fishing time in. Here’s what you need to know about how to get fish bait in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting Fish Bait in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Fish bait in Animal Crossing New Horizons is an item that you can carry around in your pouch after crafting it. In order to get the materials needed to make fish bait, you’re going to need to talk a walk on the sandy beaches so that you can find a Manila clam.
How to Get Manila Clam
To grab these clams, just walk on the beaches until you see a little water hole popping out of the sand. Once you see it, use your shovel to pull it out of the sand and you got yourself a clam.
Now, head on over to a crafting table/bench; there’s always one available in Resident Services if you haven’t created a personal one just yet. Look for the fish bait DIY recipe and then hit A to craft it –you just need one Manila clam for this.
Now that you have the fish bait in your pocket, go over to a body of water, and if you want new fish to appear, just open up your pouch with X, hover over the bait, and then press A to toss it in the water for fish to come.
Now you just need to use your fishing rod and bada bing bada boom, you have bait!
Time needed: 3 minutes.
To sum up how to get fish bait in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Catch a Manila clam by using your shovel on the water holes in the sand.
- Take the clam to a workbench to then craft the fish bait.
You only need one clam to craft it.
- Open your pouch in front of water and then select the fish bait. Press A to throw it in the water to attract fish.
And that is everything you need to know about how to get fish bait in Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you’re looking for even more handy tips and tricks, be sure to consult our ever-expanding Guide Wiki for the life sim game right here.
And if you have any questions about this guide, feel free to sound off in the comments section below and we will get back to you ASAP.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.2.1 Update Reportedly Eliminates Duplication Exploit
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Light Sticks
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Backstreet Boys Scene Recreated in Animal Crossing
- PETA Wants Animal Crossing: New Horizons Players to Stop Catching Fish
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: Best Stall Custom Designs