Animal Crossing is finally out now and there’s so much to spend your time doing. You can pick weeds, shake trees, talk to your neighbors and fish, allowing you to catch creatures that can be donated to Blathers at the museum, sold to pay off your mounting debts, or given as gifts. So that you can make huge amounts of cash, here’s everything you need to know about how to get blue marlin in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
While it’s easy to catch fish if you’re not bothered about what it is, getting every type can be pretty tough. What you can catch can depend on where exactly you’re casting your line on your island, what time of the year it is, what time of the day it is, and what the weather is like.
Therefore, you can really follow a schedule every day for your fishing if you’re looking to catch them all. You might have to wait until later in the year to get some, while others will need to be caught while it is raining.
How to Get Blue Marlin in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Blue Marlin is caught just like any other fish in the game, but when it spawns it what’s more complex.
First of all, they will not spawn in May, June, or October, with any other month being okay. You’ll have to wait for one of the other months to roll around or change the date on your Switch if you want to catch one. Of course, the latter will have some negative impacts on your New Horizons’ island. If you’re playing at launch, you should be able to catch one though.
Also, much like other rare fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons, it can only be found in the ocean, and more specifically by the pier. You’ll have to head there at any time of the day, throw out some fish bait, and try and catch the Blue Marlin if you’re lucky enough to see one spawn.
Once you’ve caught one, you can sell blue marlin in Animal Crossing New Horizons for 10,000 bells.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
In short, to get Blue Marlin in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Wait until it is between November and April or July and September, or change the time on your Switch.
- Head to the ocean area by the pier at any time of the day.
- Throw out some bait and try and catch whatever appears, hoping that it is blue marlin.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons