Today Cloud Imperium Games opened the fourth day of the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2049 in Star Citizen, focusing on another batch of three brands of starships.
The day is dedicated toA rgo Astronautics, Crusader Industries, and Musashi Industrial and Starflight Concern (MISC).
To celebrate, the developer released another trailer featuring its Top Gear parody with totally-not-Jeremy Clarkson Jax McCleary and totally-not-the Stig Jimmy.
This time around, thes star of the show is the Argo Mole, a new mining ship revealed pretty much behind-closed-doors at CitizenCon, featuring multi-crew mining. It’ll be released straight to flyable conditions with Alpha 3.8 in December.
You can watch the trailer below.
As usual, the most relevant event of the expo is the Free Flight Event which will allow everyone to try the current build of Star Citizen without needing to pledge any real money.
Today you’ll be able to try ships and vehicles by Argo and MISC. Crusader isn’t included because none of its ships is flyable yet.
I feel today it’s gonna be a pirate’s heaven with all these people trying mining and cargo ships.
- Argo MPUV 1C: a dedicated merchant transfer ship, a ubiquitous intergalactic stevedore
- Argo MPUV 1P: The ARGO Astronautics MPUV-1P (commonly ‘Argo Personnel.’) is geared towards a simple but incredibly important responsibility: moving groups of people from place to place.
- Freelancer: A multicrew cargo freighter, with turret and ordnance to deter those after it’s haul.
- Prospector: A miner’s best friend, with a powerful mining laser and saddle bags to turn mineral to profit.
- Razor: Cutting ahead of the competition, this sleek racer will give the others a run for pole position.
- Razor EX: Stealth special edition of the Razor outfitted with signature-reducing materials and stealth components.
- Razor LX: Special edition of the Razor features an overclocked engine, reduced maneuverability and armaments in exchange of straight-line speed.
- Reliant Mako: all the flexibility and dependability of a MISC Reliant combined with a state of the art Image Enhancement suite and turret-mounted optics to capture every moment as it happens with the clarity and accuracy that makes headlines.
- Reliant Kore: A fusion of Xi’an and Human technology, this light freighter allows you to haul cargo with a friend.
- Reliant Sen: a versatile mobile science platform; outfitted with long range capabilities to take you further, longer, and an advanced sensor suite.
- Reliant Tana: a versatile lightweight fighter, ideal choice for frontier and outpost defense thanks to its custom high-yield power plant, stronger shields and additional weapon mounts.
- Starfarer: Keep fleets on the move with this heavy refueler.
- Starfarer Gemini: Keep fleets on the move with this heavy refueler, the Gemini version sacrifices capacity for armor and a missile launcher.
On top of that, the Anniversary sale is also ongoing which means that the crowdfunding total is continuing to grow, and it has now passed $245 million.
More precisely, it’s sitting on $245,016,944. This means that gamers have pledged over $700,000 in about a day.
The number of registered accounts is now at 2,436,740. As usual, you should keep in mind that not all of them are paying players. The number includes accounts created for Free Fly events like the one ongoing now.
If you want to see more you can check out the impressive gameplay shared at CitizenCon and the second part, showing planet Microtech, the Anvil Carrack, and the Anvil Pisces, and the first wormhole jump to a new system. You can also take a look at the brand new “Theatres of War” Battlefield-like gameplay mode, the reveal of the game’s universe simulation tech, Quantum, and more videos and screenshots showing planet tech v4, Microtech and its capital, New Babbage.
For the sake of full disclosure, you should consider that the author of this article has been a Star Citizen backer since the original Kickstarter campaign.