Following the new reveal during the Nintendo Direct at E3 2018, PlatinumGames and Nintendo released a large batch of new screenshots of Astral Chain.
We get to take a look at many characters, environments, and even weapons like guns and swords. Last, but not least, we get to see the lovely box art and key artwork.
You can check them all out at the bottom of the post. If you’re unfamiliar with the game, you can read an official description below directly from the press release.
“Humanity’s last chance against an interdimensional invasion is a special living weapon called the Legion. As a rookie officer in the elite police task force Neuron, you and your Legion will work together to solve cases and save humankind.
The ASTRAL CHAIN game gives you full control over two characters at once for thrilling Synergetic Action, courtesy of PlatinumGames. Alternate between several Legion types and skills to save the world your way.
ASTRAL CHAIN features character designs by the acclaimed manga artist Masakazu Katsura (ZETMAN, Video Girl Ai), and marks the directorial debut of PlatinumGames’ Takahisa Taura (designer of NieR:Automata). Hideki Kamiya, director of the Bayonetta game and writer/supervisor of the Bayonetta 2 game, provides supervision.”
- Players can control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously, building stylish combos by using both characters in tandem
- There are multiple Legions in the game, each with different combat styles and abilities. Players can even strategically change between Legions at will during real-time battles
- This apocalyptic setting is full of intricate details and interesting characters, including citizens and suspects you can interact within the city, others in the special police task force, and your twin sibling
- Use the abilities of the Legion not only in battle but also for investigating cases and solving environmental puzzles Uncover the secrets of the alternate dimension called the Astral Plane, where the mysterious invaders originate
- ASTRAL CHAIN is directed by Takahisa Taura, known for his work as the game designer on NieR: Automata, and supervised by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series
Astral Chain will release exclusively on Nintendo Switch on August 30 both in North America and Europe.