Today Square Enix broadcasted a lot of relevant information on the pre-orders of Final Fantasy XIV’s new expansion Shadowbringers, which are already available.
Below you can watch the full broadcast (conveniently set to start at the beginning), a look at the Grani mount that will be available as a bonus with the Collector’s Edition, and the PS4 dynamic theme that will serve as a pre-order bonus on the PlayStation Store (regardless of edition).
If you want the game for PC, the Collector’s Edition will be priced at $199.99 in physical form, while if you only want the digital items, you can get the download version for $59.99.
The PC standard edition will be available in digital download format only in the west, priced at $39.99.
The prices for PS4 are identical, but you have the additional option to get the standard edition in physical form, still priced at $39.99.
Steam users have a DIgital Collector’s edition available at $59.99, and the standard edition for $39.99. Exactly the same options and prices extend to Mac users.
After that, the video broadcast showcased the unboxing of the physical Collector’s Edition, which includes a special box illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano, a Dark Knight figure, a pack of playing cards featuring illustrations from the game, a window sticker, and an artbook.
Digital bonuses include a Grani mount, a wind-up Fran minion, and the Revolver Gunbreaker weapon.
Pre-order bonuses for all editions will be distributed on March 1, and they include early access, a Baby Gremlin minion, and an Aetherite Earring.
The earring will give you a 30% experience bonus until level 70. Its stats will change depending on your level.
Early access will begin on June 28 at 2:00 AM PDT/9:00 AM GMT.
Those who will pre-order on PSN will also get a bonus dynamic theme (portrayed in one of the videos below) and an avatar.
The broadcast also provided some additional information.
- Players will be able to accept the quest to become Gunbreaker immediately as long as they have a level 60 disciple of war or magic job.
- Bonus items will be distributed to all the characters on the relevant service account, including those you will create in the future.
- As usual, if you play on both PC and PS4, you need to buy the expansion for both versions. You need only one collector’s edition if you want the related bonuses on both versions. If you have Shadowbringers only for one version, you won’t be able to log into the expansion areas on the platforms for which you didn’t buy the expansion.
- There will be a Collector’s Edition upgrade option including its digital items.
- New players that want to access the new areas need to purchase the Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition plus Shadowbringers. They’ll also need to go through the story of patch 4.5 if they want to enter the new areas immediately at Shadowbringers’ release.
If you want to see more about Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, you can check out the official trailer and Gunbreaker job, and the reveal of the new areas, Viera race, YorHa raid, and more, some official screenshots and art pieces released after the keynote, and some fantastic new artwork.
The expansion will officially launch on July 2 for PS4 and PC.