The December update for Final Fantasy XV is now live on PS4 and Xbox One, adding the much-anticipated feature that allows you to swap characters freely during combat and use their respective battle mechanics. The patch, which weighs 13GB on PS4 or 18GB on Xbox One, also adds several new features and support for the next character episode DLC.
In order to swap characters on the fly, you first need to unlock the character switching ability in the Ascension Tree under the Techniques section for 20 AP. Take note that you can only switch characters mid-combat, which means you can only use Noctis to walk around in the large open-world of Eos.
In addition to the character swapping feature, the latest update adds compatibility for the Episode Ignis DLC in preparation for its launch on Dec. 13. The patch also brings bug fixes, new timed quests, and new playlist soundtrack from the expansions. Below is the full patch notes for the latest Final Fantasy XV update:
Version 1.19 & Version 1.20:
- Implementation of character swap feature (available in Ascension: Techniques)
- Conclusion of online support for Timed Quests
- Commencement of daily Timed Quests
- Addition of compatibility with EPISODE IGNIS
- Addition of pieces from MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS to music player tracklist
- Various bug fixes
- Additional trading post (behind Iris)
- Shorter loading times
- Daily quests
Final Fantasy XV is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One, with a PC version scheduled to launch in early 2018. Additionally, at least three more character expansions are planned for 2018, with one of the planned DLCs focusing on main antagonist Ardyn Izunia.
Check Out More News
- Conan Exiles Officially Dated for Next Year With Collector’s Edition
- League of Legends Is Getting a New Competitive Mode Called ‘Clash’
- Overwatch Will Soon Tell You When Reports You Submit Result in Bans