If you have not yet had the chance to try out the award-winning roguelite that is Returnal, now might be the best chance to do so. Having recently gotten a gigantic free update that added co-op and a new mode in Tower of Sisyphus to challenge players, developer Housemarque has now rolled out a new patch that brings even more improvements to the shooter.
The update will require 1.3GB of space and is all about finding the right balance for the Tower of Sisyphus mode. Unfortunately, the patch notes do very little in letting players know exactly what was changed to rebalance things.
However, if you are still curious about what has been tweaked in this latest patch for Returnal, here are the relevant details:
- Tower of Sisyphus: Added Audio Logs to new locations in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Fixed a rare issue where Algos might refuse to die, or die too early in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Increased leaderboard scrolling speed
- Co-Op: Fixed several issues where a client or host might encounter a black screen or hang when moving between biomes during co-op play
- Co-Op: Fixed multiple minor gameplay bugs
- Co-Op: Fixed two rare crashes in co-op mode
If you are still plugging away at Returnal or is coming into it fresh, be sure to check out our Returnal guide wiki for all the important information that will help you survive the horrors of Helios. For everything else, you can search Twinfinite.
- Returnal Wins Best Game and More at 2022 BAFTA Games Awards
- Returnal Tower of Sisyphus Gameplay Showcases New Ascension Expansion in Action
- Returnal Getting Co-op in Update 3.0 Coming This Month
- Returnal Update 2.0 Finally Adds Save Cycle Feature in Addition to New Photo Mode
- Housemarque Sees Returnal as a Stepping Stone For Bigger Future Games