The Genshin Impact 2.2 live stream happened this past weekend, and it gave us a look at a few new features, events, weapons, banners, and more that’ll be coming to the game when the update goes live on Oct. 13. It’s looking smaller than the August 2.1 update, but regardless, here’s a rundown of everything we know so far about what’s coming in Genshin Impact 2.2.
Tsurumi Island & Rifthounds
What’s New in Genshin Impact 2.2
Inazuma is an island nation made up of six main islands. The last update gave us access to Watatsumi and Seirai — the fourth and fifth islands — and Tsurumi is the sixth. It’s shrouded in a thick fog and is described as the toughest of the bunch, so be careful when wandering onto its shores.
One of the reasons to be cautious is the appearance of new Rifthound and Rifthound Whelp enemies. They roam the island, armed with troublesome abilities. Rifthounds can turn invisible, use Geo and Electro element moves, and even apply Corrosion to your party.
The Corrosion status depletes health, even when characters are protected by shields. So, either bring strong healers or finish battles as quickly as possible.
- Genshin Impact Update 2.2 Reveals First Gameplay & Thoma’s Moves in New Videos
- Genshin Impact Version 2.2 Revealed: Brings New Character, Events, and Content Aplenty
- All Genshin Impact Year 1 Flagship Events, Ranked from Worst to Best
- Genshin Impact Fan Celebrates 1st Anniversary With a Touching Animation
- Genshin Impact’s Inazuma OST Is Now Available on Spotify, Apple Music, & YouTube