Genshin Impact‘s gameplay centers around players building a strong team of four characters, and making sure that their abilities all play nice with each other. With such a huge roster of characters already in the game, creating the ‘perfect team’ can prove to be a challenge, and it certainly isn’t going to get any easier as MiHoYo continues to add to the roster. Here’s how to get Hu Tao in Genshin Impact.
Getting Hu Tao in Genshin Impact
UPDATE: Hu Tao is now available in the game as a timed exclusive 5-star character. Her banner will run till March 17, so you have about two weeks to farm up some primogems to try to get her.
Original Story: At the time of writing, Hu Tao isn’t available as a playable character in Genshin Impact. The current character banner is all about Xiao, the new Anemo character, and the banner after that will give players an increased chance of rolling for Keqing, the 5-star Electro character.
That being said, we already know that there will be more character banners coming after Keqing in update 1.3, and in-game signs all point to Hu Tao being the next 5-star character you’ll be able to roll for.
We imagine that the process will be the same; once she arrives in the game, you’ll have a few weeks to try to roll her on the character banner.
As Hu Tao is a 5-star character, you’ll need to get lucky to pull her. The good news is that players are guaranteed to get a legendary item or character every 100 pulls, and if Hu Tao isn’t your first legendary on that banner, she’s guaranteed to show up as your second. Listed below are all the ways you can get primogems to keep rolling for her:
- By doing quests
- By unlocking fast travel points
- By leveling the Battle Pass
- By doing daily commissions
- By opening chests
- By increasing your Adventure Rank
- By doing time-locked events such as the Five Flushes of Fortune which is currently running
Hu Tao Weapons, Ascension Materials, and More
Thanks to the folks over at Honey Impact, we also have a fairly good idea of what to expect when she finally drops. Hu Tao looks to be a polearm user with Pyro affinity, so you can expect to farm the Pyro Regisvine for ascension materials in preparation.
In addition to that, you’ll also need Silk Flowers and Nectar for ascension, the latter of which can be obtained from the Whopperflower enemies.
Here’s a brief look at her attack kit and talents:
Guide to Afterlife
- Hu Tao consumes a set portion of her HP to knock the surrounding enemies back and enter the Paramita Papilio state.
- Increases Hu Tao’s ATK based on her max HP at the time of entering this state. ARK bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao’s base ATK.
- Converts attack damage to Pyro damage, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion.
- Charged attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to the enemies hit.
- Increases Hu Tao’s resistance to interruption.
- Enemies affected by Blood Blossom will take Pyro damage every 4 seconds. This damage is considered Elemental Skill damage.
- Each enemy can be affected by only one Blood Blossom effect at a time, and its duration may only be refresed by Hu Tao herself.
- Paramita Papilio ends when its duration is over, or Hu Tao has left the battlefield or fallen.
- Commands a blazing spirit to attack, dealing Pyro damage in a large AoE.
- Upon striking the enemy, regenerates a percentage of Hu Tao’s max HP. This effect can be triggered up to five times, based on the number of enemies hit.
- If Hu Tao’s HP is below or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both the damage and HP Regeneration are increased.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Hu Tao in Genshin Impact. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- New Genshin Impact Trailer Introduces Eula, the Beautiful Tsundere Knight
- Genshin Impact Get Extensive Trailer Starring Yanfei as PS5 Version & Update 1.5 Release
- Genshin Impact Gets New Trailer Introducing New Character Yanfei
- Genshin Impact Gets Gameplay Trailer Showcasing PS5 Upgrades
- Genshin Impact Version 1.5 Reveals First Gameplay – New Characters, Serenitea Pot, Events, & More