Pulse Rifles in Destiny 2 are not in the greatest spot right now, especially in PvE. They are in need of a touch-up as they have begun to be outclassed by other similar weapons. That said, they are still decent all-around weapons that can be effective at almost any range. These are the best pulse rifles in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in 2021 as of Beyond Light.
Best Pulse Rifles in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Bad Juju (Kinetic, Exotic) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
- Chattering Bone (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- Cold Denial (Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Graviton Lance (Energy, Void, Exotic) – Possible reward choice during Destiny 2’s vanilla campaign. Rare random exotic world drop.
- Gridskipper (Energy, Void) – Possible reward from Override’s key code chests & Splicer umbral engrams.
- Legal Action II (Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- No Time to Explain (Kinetic, Exotic) – Beyond Light pre-order bonus. To be released to all players at later date.
- Outbreak Perfected (Kinetic, Exotic) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
The list of the best pulse rifles in Destiny 2 has grown a bit static, especially on the exotic front, but there are still a mix of mainstays and newer weapons to consider.
Cold Denial, if you can get your hands on one, is still a solid PvE pulse that has some really nice perks on it. Gridskipper is probably a little easier to get from Season of the Splicer content and is one of the best feeling pulses for sure with great, newer, perks such as Heating Up, Multikill Clip, Tresh, Frenzy and more. Even more recently, Legal Action II also has a good perk pool and runs in the Kinetic slot if you prefer to use your pulse there.
On the exotic end, Outbreak Perfected is still solid for sustained damage over time as compared to other pulses and will put a nice dent in things, even bosses, if other players are using it too. Graviton Lance on the other hand is ideal for add clear.
No Time to Explain, if you have it, is also quite nice for constant damage on bosses especially if you grind out the catalyst to ensure that you can pretty much keep shooting forever.