Following today’s reveal about the extra content for NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, Square Enix followed up with a press release including more details and a gallery of official screenshots.
Here’s what we can expect.
- Extra Episode – Players can enjoy a new scenario and exhilarating boss battle by playing through the game, in an all new “Mermaid” episode featuring a wrecked ship and a little girl.
- Extra Dungeons from “15 Nightmares” – Previously released as downloadable content for the original release in Japan and similar to “The World of Recycled Vessel” content in the West, fans will be able to undertake a series of challenging dungeons as the “15 Nightmares” protagonist [Editor’s note: this would be “dad Nier”] in the world of recycled vessel. Playing through the dungeons will unlock a variety of weapons, as well as extra costumes, “Kabuki” and “Samurai.” You will also be able to change the appearance of enemy bullets to Emil’s face through the option menu after obtaining either of the costumes.
- Soundtrack from NieR:Automata – Players will unlock an option to switch to select background music tracks from the critically acclaimed NieR:Automata after completing the first playthrough.
- Guest Cast from NieR:Automata – The English and Japanese voice actors of 2B and 9S will be featured in the game.
You can check out the screenshots below, alongside a handy summary of the pre-order bonuses by platforms.
Incidentally, the screenshots in which Kainé has black hair features the “Kabuki” costume set, while the one in which Emil is wearing a samurai helmet features the “Samurai” costume set.
- PlayStation 4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation®4 system dynamic theme and 14 avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.
- Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.*
- Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack.
The game will be released on April 22, 2021, in Japan and Asia, while the west will have to wait one day longer. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 will come to North America and Europe on April 23, 2021, for PS4, Xbox, and PC.
If you’d like to see more, you can enjoy the original trailer of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, the announcement for the west, and the first screenshots, another recent gameplay video, another gallery, a gameplay trailer, and one focusing on the English cast.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s an official description from Square Enix.
“NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant, which originally released in Japan in 2010, and is the highly anticipated prequel to NieR:Automata, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG that has sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide. In NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, players are invited to experience a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease – a quest which will in turn make them question everything.”