Today Square Enix launched update 5.45 for its popular MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV.
The update brings a new large-scale battle within the Bozjan Southern Front, and quite a bit more content.
You fan find a batch of screenshots and a feature list below.
- Resistance Weapon Quests Update: “Save the Queen: Past to Rest” – The battle for the southern front wages on, and having failed to retake Castrum Lacus Litore, chances of victory appear slim for the Resistance. This next exciting chapter of the “Save the Queen” quest series continues the story penned by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno.
- New Large-Scale Battle Content: “Delubrum Reginae” – This new battle content includes a 24-player normal mode and high-difficulty 48-player savage mode for players to undertake.
- Resistance Weapon Updates – Players who advance the “Save the Queen” questline will be able to further upgrade their Resistance Weapons an additional two tiers in Patch 5.45. The second upgrade tier will also allow players to customize certain parameters on the weapon to match their playstyle.
- Blue Mage Update – Blue mage receives a number of new updates, including an increased level cap to 70, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- Skysteel Tool Update – Disciples of the Land and Hand can further upgrade their Skysteel Tools to aid in crafting and gathering.
- New emotes, hair styles, furnishings, mounts, minions, fashion accessories and more.
This comes ahead of the big announcement showcase that will be aired this weekend, on February 5, 2021 at 5:30 pm PST.
Safe speculation indicates that the next expansion will likely be revealed alongside much-awaited additions like new jobs and Ishgard’s housing wards.
If you’re interested in the game in general, you can read our latest interview with producer and director Naoki Yoshida, another with composer Masayoshi Soken, and our review of Shadowbringers.
Recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the advent of Yoshida-san as director and producer. You can also watch a new video focusing on Shadowbringers’ story and featuring a new arrangement of its theme song.