Today, the Design Director at Sumo Digital, Ned Waterhouse, published a new post on the official PlayStation Blog to share some news regarding the online multiplayer component for Sackboy: A Big Adventure, which is scheduled to launch on PS4 and PS5 on Nov. 12, 2020.
The developers have decided to delay the online multiplayer functionality for the 3D platformer. There will be a patch that users will be able to download and install towards the end of 2020, adding an online multiplayer option. That same patch will also add game save transfers from PS4 to PS5 and cross-generation multiplayer for Sackboy: A Big Adventure.
Of course, there will still be local multiplayer at launch with up to four players. Not only can you play through the entire story together, but there’s also co-op only levels that you can platform your way through.
Sackboy: A Big Adventure launches on Nov. 12, 2020, for PS4 and PS5. For more on the game, you can check out a trailer that shows off gameplay, a trailer on the game’s defining features, and the original announcement during the PS5 event back in June.
The PS5 is set to launch on Nov. 12 for $499.99 in the US and select territories and then on Nov. 19 for the rest of the world. A digital edition of the PS5 will cost $399.99 and will not have a disc drive for physical games.
- Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Introduces Venus, Dark Walker, Mecha Viewer, & More
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Introduces Akeboshi; More Progression Details Shared
- Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Introduces Captain Gillian; New Screenshots Show Progression Menus
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water For PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, & PC Gets Release Date
- Sniper Elite 4 Receives Free Next-Gen Upgrade On PS5 & Xbox Series X|S