Today, the Design Director at Sumo Digital, Ned Waterhouse, published a new post on the official PlayStation Blog to share some news regarding the online multiplayer component for Sackboy: A Big Adventure, which is scheduled to launch on PS4 and PS5 on Nov. 12, 2020.
The developers have decided to delay the online multiplayer functionality for the 3D platformer. There will be a patch that users will be able to download and install towards the end of 2020, adding an online multiplayer option. That same patch will also add game save transfers from PS4 to PS5 and cross-generation multiplayer for Sackboy: A Big Adventure.
Of course, there will still be local multiplayer at launch with up to four players. Not only can you play through the entire story together, but there’s also co-op only levels that you can platform your way through.
Sackboy: A Big Adventure launches on Nov. 12, 2020, for PS4 and PS5. For more on the game, you can check out a trailer that shows off gameplay, a trailer on the game’s defining features, and the original announcement during the PS5 event back in June.
The PS5 is set to launch on Nov. 12 for $499.99 in the US and select territories and then on Nov. 19 for the rest of the world. A digital edition of the PS5 will cost $399.99 and will not have a disc drive for physical games.
- Necromunda: Hired Gun for PS5, Xbox Series X, & More Gets New Trailer All About the Sawn Off Shotgun
- Edge of Eternity Gets Release Date for PC; Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Game Pass, & More in Q4 2021
- Abandoned Is a PS5 Exclusive Survival Game With Incredibly Realistic Graphics Coming Later This Year
- Anime-Inspired Virtual Reality Game Runner Announced for PS5 & PC VR Platforms
- Blind Fate: Edo no Yami for PS5, Xbox, PC, PS4, & Switch Reveals Enemies in New Video Clips