2K Sports has slowly been revealing the features that players can expect to see in the next-gen versions of NBA 2K21. Today, they’ve released the third and final next-gen Courtside Report. This one covers a variety of MyPlayer changes coming to NBA 2K21 next month.
Players have been asking for a better character creator for what seems like years now, and 2K seems to have been listening. Today’s Courtside Report covers the following:
- New MyPlayer Builder
- No more pie charts
- Multiple badge changes and additions
- 24 Takeover abilities
First and foremost, the development team has completely overhauled the MyPlayer creator for the next-gen versions of NBA 2K21. Pie charts have been removed in favor of a more user-controlled builder, as seen below:
There are still restrictions based on your character’s body type, but you’ll be able to choose the cap given to each individual stat.
Several badges have also been reworked. Some old favorites are returning, while others have been altered or left out. Here are a few of the new badge additions that’ll be available in the NBA 2K21 MyPlayer mode next month:
- Circus Threes – Improved ability to hit pull-up and stepback 3’s
- Hot Shot – Increases takeover meter faster when knocking down jumpers
- Sniper – Boosts the ability to hit shots when using Pro Stick aiming
- Stop & Pop Three – for the JJ Redicks who want to pull-up for threes in transition
- Bullet Passer – Gives you the ability to throw laser dots like LeBron
There are even more listed in the Courtside Report, alongside a list of badges that have been removed completely.
After unlocking all of your badges, you’ll receive the Mamba Mentality badge, allowing you to change your Takeover at any time.
These are a few of the new Takeovers that you’ll be able to choose from in the NBA 2K21 next-gen MyPlayer builder:
- Advanced Gathers – Unlocks more effective spin, euro, hop step, cradle gathers
- Finishing Moves – Able to absorb contact and finish at the rim
- Easy Blowbys – Enhances ability for slashers to beat defenders off the dribble
- Pull-Up Precision – Boosts well timed/aimed shots off the dribble
- Anklebreaking Shots – More anklebreakers off of spin and stepback jumpers
- Negative Impact – Reduces defensive impact against pull-ups and other skill shots
If you’re looking to get all of the details on all of the changes coming to the game next month, be sure to check out the Courtside Report in full.