Capcom has shared six minutes of some fresh Monster Hunter Rise gameplay in a new video showcase focused on one of the game’s weapons, the Great Sword.
The Great Sword has been around for quite some time now in the Monster Hunter franchise and is a weapon based on slow-moving attacks that deal massive amounts of damage. It’s not easy for series newcomers, but it can prove to be a helpful weapon that requires lots of patience to master.
The video shows off a fight with one of the boss monsters in the game, the Aknosom, and how players will be able to use the new Wirebug mechanic to get the jump on foes.
Typically, the Great Sword is very slow, as I mentioned, but using the Wirebug can help you gain extra mobility, truly changing the game for users of the super heavy weapon type.
Monster Hunter Rise is due to launch on the Nintendo Switch on Mar. 26, 2020, as an exclusive title.
- Monster Hunter Rise Video & Artwork Shows Palamute, Palico, & Hunter Armor
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Reveals Monster Hunter Film Content
- Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch Reveals Armor Set Videos and New Concept Art
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Getting Adorable Female Hunter Nendoroid with Zinogre Alpha Armor
- Monster Hunter Rise Getting Adorable Palico, Palamute, & Magnamalo Plushies