Capcom has shared six minutes of some fresh Monster Hunter Rise gameplay in a new video showcase focused on one of the game’s weapons, the Great Sword.
The Great Sword has been around for quite some time now in the Monster Hunter franchise and is a weapon based on slow-moving attacks that deal massive amounts of damage. It’s not easy for series newcomers, but it can prove to be a helpful weapon that requires lots of patience to master.
The video shows off a fight with one of the boss monsters in the game, the Aknosom, and how players will be able to use the new Wirebug mechanic to get the jump on foes.
Typically, the Great Sword is very slow, as I mentioned, but using the Wirebug can help you gain extra mobility, truly changing the game for users of the super heavy weapon type.
Monster Hunter Rise is due to launch on the Nintendo Switch on Mar. 26, 2020, as an exclusive title.
- Monster Hunter Rise Update 2.0 Trailer Shows Onazuchi; Update 3.0 Teased With More New Monsters
- Capcom Celebrates 5 Million Copies Sold for Monster Hunter Rise By Giving Out Free In-Game Items
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Patch to Finally Fix Game-Breaking Save File Bug
- Monster Hunter Rise Review – Going Above and Beyond
- Monster Hunter Rise Still Has Too Steep of A Learning Curve