During a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase today (or should I say Monster Hunter direct), Capcom unveiled a brand-new Monster Hunter title exclusively for the Nintendo Switch called Monster Hunter Rise.
It features similar action-RPG gameplay that MH fans will feel familiar with but thanks to the new Wirebug mechanic, players will be able to pull themselves toward objects for fast traversal and it can even be used to pull off combos during monster encounters.
Rise will also have brand-new monsters added to the game as well as many fan-favorites from past titles. Here are the monsters confirmed so far for Monster Hunter Rise.
Magnamalo is the flagship beast for Monster Hunter Rise that is a very terrifying Fanged Wyvern that “hunts its prey with relentless malice.” And judging from the purple energy emanating from the monster in the reveal trailer, it seems that this might be a Dragon-type Wyvern.
Capcom didn’t want to share too many details on the monster just yet but you can expect to see more of this bad boy during the gameplay presentation at Tokyo Game Show 2020 later this month.
- Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch Gets New Art Showing Tetranadon
- New Monster Hunter Rise Concept Art Shows off Good Kitties and Doggos
- Monster Hunter Film Gets First Full-Length Trailer Showing off Rathalos, Diablos, & More
- Only True Monster Hunter Fans Can Surpass This Monster-Naming Quiz!
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Looking Good So Far