GungHo Online Entertainment has announced that its latest free-to-play Nintendo Switch title, Ninjala, has reached over one million downloads on the eShop. And also, to accommodate players for the errors that popped up on launch day, everyone will be rewarded 100 Jala (in-game currency) and some weapon skins.
Ninjala opened up its servers around 7 pm PT on June 24, meaning that all of those downloads happened in less than 24 hours, which is just incredible considering Ninjala is a brand-new IP.
You can see the announcement tweet down below from the official Ninjala account:
Like any other free-to-play title, Ninjala has microtransactions, but it’s definitely not pay-to-win. You can use real money to unlock new costumes, stickers, emotes, and such, but none of it will actually give you an advantage during battles. Ninjala is all about the player’s skills and that’s it.
You can download Ninjala now on the Switch eShop.
I wrote up a preview a couple weeks back during the Ninjala open beta tests and talked about how much I enjoyed the combat and the wacky nature of it all, especially the characters death animations –it’s the best.
And having spent even more time with Ninjala these past few days, the feelings remain the same. This title has the chops to be more than just a Splatoon lookalike.
- Ninjala Is Getting a Demon Slayer Crossover and it Looks Wild
- Ninjala Is Getting a Puzzle & Dragons Collaboration; Season 4 Details Shared in Latest Dev Diary
- New Ninjala Dev Diary Dives Into Sonic the Hedgehog Collab Content
- Ninjala Is Getting a Sonic the Hedgehog Collaboration; New Dev Diary Dives Into Season 2
- Free-To-Play Switch Title, Ninjala, Hits 4 Million Downloads