Super Mario 64 Levels Recreated in Super Mario Maker 2
Besides that strange DS port of Super Mario 64, the wonderfully iconic Nintendo platformer has yet to see an official remaster or full-blown remake, but thanks to a very talented Super Mario Maker 2 creator, you can now play a 2D remake of it… sort of.
Created by user SeanDreyer, this eight-world-long Super Mario Maker 2 course recreates the original Nintendo 64 game by redoing some of the more recognizable levels from the game such as Bob-Omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, and Whomp’s Fortress.
You can see an entire playthrough of these levels down below courtesy of BeardBear on YouTube and if you want to check out Sean’s level for yourself, you can use this Maker ID in your game to find it: DRC-JGT-5WF
If you missed out on the latest update for Super Mario Maker 2 that adds the World Maker mode, make sure to download the patch as it basically feels like a free sequel to the game, that’s what our Editor-in-chief had to say about it at least.
For more on Super Mario Maker 2, do be sure to check out our glowing review and you can also read this guide to learn about how to actually create your own Super Worlds.
- Mario Day Celebrations Include New LEGO Characters, Movie Shoe Replicas, & More
- 5 Characters We Want to Round off the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Will Add 5 More Characters
- A Fan Created an Ocarina of Time-themed Mario Kart Track, and We Wish It Were Real
- The New Mario Kart DLC Makes Me Want Another Yoshi’s Island