Besides that strange DS port of Super Mario 64, the wonderfully iconic Nintendo platformer has yet to see an official remaster or full-blown remake, but thanks to a very talented Super Mario Maker 2 creator, you can now play a 2D remake of it… sort of.
Created by user SeanDreyer, this eight-world-long Super Mario Maker 2 course recreates the original Nintendo 64 game by redoing some of the more recognizable levels from the game such as Bob-Omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, and Whomp’s Fortress.
You can see an entire playthrough of these levels down below courtesy of BeardBear on YouTube and if you want to check out Sean’s level for yourself, you can use this Maker ID in your game to find it: DRC-JGT-5WF
If you missed out on the latest update for Super Mario Maker 2 that adds the World Maker mode, make sure to download the patch as it basically feels like a free sequel to the game, that’s what our Editor-in-chief had to say about it at least.
- Free Update To Super Mario 3D All-Stars Adds Inverted Camera Options
- Watch This Delightful Video of People Singing the Super Mario Bros. Theme Song
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Players Keep Messing With Their Pets
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit Review – Living Room Racing
- “Hug the Curves of Your Coffee Table” With Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit; Here’s the Launch Trailer