With the new 1.2.0 Update for Animal Crossing New Horizons comes a slew of new events, visitors, and more! One of these new additions comes in the form of a Timer, which can now be purchased from your store. Here’s how to use the timer in Animal Crossing New Horizons and what it’s used for.
Getting the Timer in Animal Crossing New Horizons
After making the purchase you simply have to head outside and use the item. You will select the length of time you want it to run for (3, 5, 10, or 15 minutes) and then begin the hunt.
Using the Timer in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The timer tallies the number of bugs and fish caught in that allotted time frame, showing the final number from each of the competitors at its completion.
This should allow for additional multiplayer shenanigans as you can now challenge your friends to a catch-off, along with increasing your own numbers prior to the seasonal fishing tournaments. Or, if you prefer to just do it for the fun it offers, then that’s great as well.
Based on the fan-made games and obstacle courses being made with the current objects in the game, this should surely add on a another layer of creativity for those making those.
That’s everything you need to know on how to use the Timer in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Head over to our wiki guide for tips and tricks, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage below.
- 5 Features We Wish Made It Into Animal Crossing New Horizon’s Final Update
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Animal Crossing Enthusiast Creates an Adorable Set of Amiibo Coins