Today Cloud Imperium Games opened the sixth day of the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2049 in Star Citizen, focusing on Aegis Dynamics.
Aegis is one of the most popular manufacturers in the game partly due to its vast catalog of military ships, so the trailer released today focuses on a couple of those, the Vanguard (which has recently been remodeled) and the Nautilus minelayer.
Of course, the real stars of the show are the Top Gear parody hosts totally-not-Jeremy Clarkson Jax McCleary and totally-not-the Stig Jimmy.
You can check the trailer out below.
As usual, the most relevant part of the expo is the Free Flight Event which will allow everyone to try the current build of Star Citizen without needing to pledge any real money to the game.
Here is the list of ships and vehicles available for trial today.
- Avenger Stalker: A modified version of the Avenger, catering to bounty hunters with prison cells.
- Avenger Titan: A former police ship with a cargo hold for light freight and courier abilities.
- Avenger Titan Renegade: Special Edition of the Avenger Titan with custom livery and loadout geared for Arena Commander.
- Avenger Warlock: A variant of the Avenger, armed with EMP generator to disable enemies.
- Eclipse: A sleek stealth bomber, armed with heavy torpedoes.
- Gladius: An aged but agile light fighter with mid-range armament.
- Gladius Valiant: Special Edition of the Gladius with custom livery and loadout geared for Arena Commander.
- Greycat: a small ground buggy that slowly but surely will get you from point A to Point B.
- Hammerhead: A multi-crew corvette bristling with manned turrets designed to counter fighters.
- Reclaimer: A heavy deep space salvage vessel to reclaim wrecks and derelicts.
- Retaliator Bomber: A long-range anti capital ship bomber, covered in turrets and capable of launching size 9 torpedoes.
- Sabre: Favoring agility over durability, this ship is light, sleek and deadly.
- Sabre Comet: Special Edition of the Sabre with custom livery and loadout geared for Arena Commander.
- Vanguard Hoplite: Long-range Squad Dropship with a turret gunner.
- Vanguard Sentinel: a ship that’s designed to fight smart instead of taking enemies head on. The conversion features an AR cockpit, an external e-War pod, decoy missiles and a set of EMP charges.
- Vanguard Warden: Long-range Heavy Fighter with a turret gunner.
With the Reclaimer and the Hammerhead, you have a chance to fly some big, big ships.
On top of the trial, the Anniversary sale is also ongoing which means that the crowdfunding total is continuing to grow, and it has now passed $247 million.
More precisely, it’s sitting on $247,032,110. This means that gamers have pledged another million in about a day like it happened for nearly every day of the sale.
The number of registered accounts is now at 2,441,421. As usual, you should keep in mind that not all of them are paying players. The number includes accounts created for Free Fly events like the one ongoing now.
If you want to see more you can check out the impressive gameplay shared at CitizenCon and the second part, showing planet Microtech, the Anvil Carrack, and the Anvil Pisces, and the first wormhole jump to a new system. You can also take a look at the brand new “Theatres of War” Battlefield-like gameplay mode, the reveal of the game’s universe simulation tech, Quantum, and more videos and screenshots showing planet tech v4, Microtech and its capital, New Babbage.
For the sake of full disclosure, you should keep in mind that the author of this article has been a Star Citizen backer since the original Kickstarter campaign several years ago.