Today D3 Publisher had a surprise announcement to make: Omega Labyrinth Life is coming to North America and Europe.
To be precise, exactly like in Japan, Omega Labyrinth Life will be released for Nintendo Switch, while the heavily censored version Labyrinth Life will launch for Ps4.
The release date for both versions will be August 1, 2019, which is surprisingly simultaneous with Japan and Asia. The launch will be in digital form only.
Let’s not beat around the bush. In the table below you can check out a list of differences between the two versions, from price to censorship.
As the developers themselves described it via the official press release, “both Omega Labyrinth Life and Labyrinth Life feature similar characters, character skills, items, monsters, story plot, dungeon layouts, and difficulty settings, but each differs by how they display their sexual content.”
If you’re unfamiliar with the game (or games, depending on how you look at it) below you can read an official description.
“The story unfolds at Belles Fleurs Academy, a spacious school with a beautiful floral garden that holds a sacred flower of legend known as “Flora,” which radiates a mysterious power that is rumored to grant an everlasting bloom effect to the rest of the flowers in the garden. Suddenly, the everlasting bloom to the flowers in the garden wither away when maiden Hinata Akatsuki transfers to the Academy. Now, Hinata along with a new cast of stunning maidens from the academy, go off on an adventure, exploring a sacred dungeon in hopes of returning the garden back to its grandeur, and to fulfill their own hopes and dreams at Belles Fleurs Academy.
Both games will bring familiar roguelike JRPG turn-based mechanics like the previous Omega Labyrinth series in which maidens can grow their chest size by accumulating the mysterious Omega Power by defeating enemies in a procedurally generated dungeon with the risk of losing all of the player’s earned stats, items, and gear upon defeat.”
And here’s a list of key features.
- Tactical turn-based combat: Control and execute strategies between the maidens against various enemies in 2D dungeons
- Procedurally generated dungeons: Dungeon layouts and enemy placement are always randomized every playthrough, bursting with loot and challenges
- Maiden’s dream: Collect Omega Power by defeating enemies to grow maiden’s breasts up to Z-Cup
- Breast Burst Mode: Activate to double a maiden’s stats for a short period of time for tight situations against formidable enemies or enemy hordes
- Skill★Bloom System: Unlock new skills, stats, and more with nectars found in the dungeon and academy that will reveal unique illustrations from each maiden
- Size up System: Squeeze and rub discovered item drops in dungeons between maiden’s breasts to reveal their potential to a maiden’s journey
- New Double Breast System: Change between maidens during a dungeon-crawl to utilize various skills and gain a tactical advantage to maneuver around enemies and obstacles
- Take a break in Slow Life: Enjoy life outside of fighting and dungeon crawling back at Belles Fleurs Academy by exploring the Garden Academy, chatting with other maidens, and managing the garden’s beautiful upkeep for collecting powerups and more
Now that you have read the wall of text, you can enjoy a couple of trailers including the opening cutscene and a teaser.
Here is a series of images related to Omega Labyrinth Life for Nintendo Switch.
…And here’s a batch for Labyrinth Life for PS4 (the character artwork and key art are common, of course).
If you want to learn more about Omega Labyrinth Life and Labyrinth Life, you can check out another trailer from this morning, the previous trailer, the latest screenshots, another trailer, read about the differences between the two platforms, enjoy another gallery of screenshots and a trailer which hilariously mocked Sony’s censorship.