For the most part, you’ve been able to get Fortnite’s Fortbytes without requiring the help of other players. Well, Fortbyte 53 isn’t like most of the rest of these computer chip collectibles scattered across the map. Instead, you’ll need to help raise the disco ball at an abandoned mountain top villain lair if you want to get your hands on it.
Where Fortnite’s Abandoned Mountain Top Villain Lair Is – B4
In order to get to this abandoned villain lair, you’re venturing to the other side of the map from where we found Fortbyte 62 the day before this one. You’ll need to go to the mountain in grid reference B4. Doing so, you’ll find the old villain lair that saw the rocket shoot out from all the way back in Season 4.
Once you’ve landed here, drop down through the top by the chest. Head down the stairs to the bottom floor and you’ll come to a cargo bay area.
Here’s where you’ll find the disco ball and two conveniently-placed dance floors. I wonder what we’ve got to do here to get Fortbyte 53.
How to Help Raise the Disco Ball at an Abandoned Mountain Top Villain Lair
To get Fortbyte 53, you’re going to have to get the help of either a friend or another player. Once you do, each of you needs to hop one of the dance floors next to the disco ball and get grooving away.
You can do this by pressing down on the d-pad and selecting any dance, or B on the keyboard for you PC players and doing the same.
As you and your dance partner continue to dance away, the disco ball will continue to raise. You need to wait until it’s reached the very top of the post. Once you have, Fortbyte 53 will become available for you to grab.
For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Fortnite Season 9 guide wiki. Check out more Fortbyte location guides down below.
- 58: Accessible Using Sad Trombone Emote at North End of Snobby Shores
- 59: Accessible with Durrr! Burger Emoji Inside Pizza Pit Restaurant
- 48: Smash the Gnome Beside Mountain Top Throne
- 12: Use Nana Nana Spray Inside a Molten Tunnel
- 3: Use the Skull Trooper Emoji at the Western Most Point
- 98: Found Within a Viking Longhouse
- 20: At the Center of Any of the First Three Storm Circles
- 60: Happy Oink Restaurant
- 100: Highest Floor in Tallest Building in Neo Tilted
- 62: Accessible with the Stratus Outfit within an Abandoned Mansion