It’s another week and in the world of Fortnite, that can only mean one thing. There’s a fresh set of weekly challenges for players to work towards to help level up the Tier of their Battle Pass to unlock more cosmetics. If you’re looking for tips on how to complete them all, you’re in the right place. Here’s how to complete all Season 9 week 5 challenges in Fortnite.
First things first, let’s take a look at the full list of challenges for week 5.
Season 9 Week 5 Challenges
- Deal Damage to Opponents with Grenades, Dynamites, or Stink Bombs (200)
- Search Chests at Salty Springs or Frosty Flights (7)
- Eliminate an Opponent in Different Matches (5)
- Stage 1: Complete a Lap of a Desert Race Track
- Stage 2: Complete a Lap of a Snowy Race Track
- Stage 3: Complete a Lap of a Grasslands Race Track
- Place Trap Items in Different Matches (5)
- Visit Different Wind Turbines in a Single Match (5)
- Eliminations at Sky Platforms (3)
How to Complete All Season 9 Week 5 Challenges Easily in Fortnite
For the first of Fortnite’s Season 9 week 5 challenges, it’s simply a case of using either Grenades, Dynamites, or Stink Bombs to deal damage to opponents. An easy way of doing this is to down an enemy in a Duos or Squads game and ensure you’re carrying around one of these throwable weapons.
Once they’re downed, throw one of the items at them while they can’t get away quickly, and you’ll get close to 100 damage easily. Rinse and repeat this a couple of times and you should have this week 5 challenge done and dusted in no time.
Next up, you’ll need to search chests at either Salty Springs or Frosty Flights. Again, Team Rumble is a pretty great one for this, as your team will likely go to bigger and busier named locations. Plus, with these kind of being on either side of the map, you should be able to head to one of them regardless of what side of the map your team is dropping on.
We’re going to skip over the next challenge as it’s pretty self-explanatory, but following that, you’ll need to complete a lap of a desert race track, snowy race track, and grasslands race track. We’ve got the locations to all of these in one handy guide here, for your convenience.
Trap Items are fairly easy to come across in your average game of Fortnite, and this next challenge simply requires you to place one in five different matches. The following items are classed as trap items and will count towards this challenge: Damage Trap, Cozy Campfire, Launch Pad, Mounted Turret.
The next of the challenges is all about those wind turbines you might have seen dotted around the map since the beginning of the season. You’ll need to visit different ones of these in a single match. Fortunately, we’ve found an absolute ton of them all lumped close together. Here’s our guide on how to visit different wind turbines in a single match fast and easy.
Finally, you’ll need to rack up three eliminations at Sky Platforms. We’ve marked all of these locations in this handy guide here, and these eliminations can be acquired over multiple matches, rather than having to be obtained in one.
That’s all you need to know to complete all Fortnite Season 9 week 5 challenges. Don’t forget, once you’ve completed all of the week 5 challenges, you’ll unlock the week 5 loading screen and can track down the week 5 secret battle star, which we’ve already got the location for.
For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Fortnite Season 9 guide wiki. We’ve even included some of our guides for the most recent Fortbytes down below, too!
- Fortbyte 91 Location: Where the Week 4 Secret Star Is
- Fortbyte 88 Location: Where to Search Within J3
- Fortbyte 80 Location: Where to Use Bunker Basher to Smash Rock at Highest Point of Volcano Rim
- Fortbyte 26 Location: Where to Go as Bunker Jonesy Near a Snowy Bunker
- Fortbyte 68 Location: Found Within Snowy Town Book Shop
- Fortbyte 69 Location: Found Inside Stone Pig Building