This is a pretty huge update, sitting at around 6GB on console, and as such comes with some downtime server maintenance on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. This is also confirmed by the official Bethesda Support Twitter account:
The patch has a lot of new content for Wild Appalachia in particular, including a whole new questline. The full list of Wild Appalachia updates is down below:
NEW QUESTLINE – LYING LOWE
- The Lying Lowe questline is now available! Begin your investigation into this mysterious case by finding and reading one of the “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters in Lewisburg or at Train Stations around Appalachia.
- “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters are also available for free in the Atomic Shop until 9:00 a.m. EDT on May 7. Once claimed, you can place the poster in your C.A.M.P. and read it to start the quest.
NEW DUNGEON – THE BURROWS (COMING APRIL 16)
- A new dungeon experience will become available one week following today’s patch, on April 16.
- This challenging venture will take you beneath Harper’s Ferry as you follow in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Steel, who sent their forces underground for unknown reasons.
- Even the heartiest of Appalachian adventurers will have difficulty exploring The Burrows alone. Assemble a squad and make sure your gear is up to snuff before taking on this subterranean battleground.
Patch 8 also introduced an update in the form of repair kits, something fans have been eager for to cut down on the time spent at workbenches, though they not be so eager to spend more Atoms.
These will be single-use consumables that come in two forms. The basic kits will repair any item to 100% without any additional crafting materials and are available from the Atomic Shop. Improved kits will buff an item to 150% but are rare and only available by completing in-game content.
Wild Appalachia came to Fallout 76 last month, marking the beginning of the game’s Spring season. There’s more coming over the month too, as next week on April 16 The Burrows, a new dungeon-like experience, will be added.