One hundred days after the title’s launch, Bethesda has detailed the Fallout 76 2019 Roadmap, giving players a clearer image of what they can expect throughout the year. The upcoming three large updates will have their various addition introduced gradually, over longer periods of time.
Wild Appalachia, which introduces Fallout 76’s Survival mode and a number of other additions, is scheduled for Spring 2019, while Nuclear Winter, which adds the eponymous game mode, will be released throughout Summer 2019. The currently announced features are as follows:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
Fall 2019 will be dedicated to the Wastelanders update, which was the least detailed of the bunch. Bethesda calls it the “biggest and most ambitious update” for Fallout 76, and it will add “a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.”.
The post detailing the Fallout 76 2019 Roadmap, also expands on some stats regarding the game. Since launch, the game has seen a server stability increase of 300% and players are spending, on average, 4 hours a day in Appalachia.