Today Capcom announced on Monster Hunter: World’s Steam page that the game is getting a major update for its PC version.
Among other things, players will be able to enjoy a High-Resolution Texture Pack DLC that will be available for free on Steam. It will weigh 40 gigabytes and it’ll require 8 gigabytes of video ram on your graphics card.
An option for TAA+FXAA will also be added as anti-aliasing. You can check out the full list of updates and an image showing off the new textures below.
- Added support for High-Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high-resolution in-game textures by downloading
this pack as free DLC from the Steam store.
Note: The High-Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of
free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.
- Added a “TAA+FXAA” option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.
- When selecting “Take All” at the rewards screen after completing a quest,
a list of all items received will now be displayed.
- Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement
when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
- Added a “Friends Can Join” option to the Private Session Settings.
- Various bug fixes, including localization-related issues.
The update will release on April 4 at 00:00 a.m. UTC. It will be numbered 5.2.
While this update will be released only on PC, the game is most definitely still being supported on all platforms. Recently, Capcom implemented a crossover event with CD Projekt RED’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.