How to Get the Secret Ending in Devil May Cry 5
Devil May Cry 5‘s story may run the duration of 20 missions before you reach its credits, but if you’ve had a quick flick through the trophy list for the game, you may have noticed a trophy called ‘Well I’ll Be Damned.’ This has to do with a Devil May Cry 5 secret ending. Here’s how to get the secret ending in Devil May Cry 5.
How to Unlock the Secret Ending
The first thing you need to take into account here is that it’s actually very easy to miss the requirements to get this special ending. What you’ll need to do is play through the Prologue again and face off against Urizen.
When you initially played through this section of Devil May Cry 5, chances are a cutscene kicked in mid-way through the fight, making you think that there was no way you could actually prevail of Urizen.
That’s actually not true, as you can deal damage to Urizen’s crystal, causing his shields to fall and allowing you to deal some damage. You’ll only have a small window in which to deal damage to Urizen while his shield is down before it charges back up.
Take your time and slowly chip away at the crystal and his health and you’ll eventually unlock the Devil May Cry 5 secret ending.
Tips to Beat Urizen and Get the Ending
Just telling you what to do is only half the battle, though, as Urizen is an insanely powerful opponent during the prologue. Not only does he have the crystal providing a shield, his attacks are insanely powerful, meaning they’ll wipe you out with just a few hits.
To help you beat Urizen in the Prologue and get the secret ending in Devil May Cry 5, we’ve listed a number of tips and tricks down below.
- Don’t try this on your first run. Not only are you unfamiliar with how the game plays, but you’ll also have more health from your first playthrough to help you tank more hits from Urizen.
- Play on ‘Heaven and Hell’ or ‘Human’ difficulty to make this significantly easier.
- Use charged pistol attacks to chip away at Urizen from a safe distance. Running in with your sword may deal more damage, but makes you far more vulnerable to taking damage.
- Only use your Devil Trigger when Urizen’s shields are down, then barrage it with these attacks once its health is vulnerable.
- Use combo attacks to the best of your ability to deal maximum damage, and with a bit of luck you can take Urizen out after taking out his shields just once.
Once Urizen is defeated in the Prologue, you’ll net yourself the ‘Well I’ll Be Damned’ trophy and achievement, and will then get to check out the Devil May Cry 5 secret ending. Winner winner!
That’s all you need to know on how to get the secret ending in Devil May Cry 5. For more tips, tricks, and guides on this latest demon-hunting adventure, be sure to check out our Devil May Cry 5 guide wiki.