The first update for StudioMDHR’s run and gun game Cuphead went live for Xbox One and PC today, two months after the title’s launch in late September.
The update provides fixes for various gameplay issues, including freezes, infinite controller rumble, and minor collision bugs. A couple bosses also receive some tune-ups, while players are no longer able to damage bosses off-screen.
The biggest issue fixed with the update is the “Mugman army” glitch, where it was possible to have over a dozen of the second player’s character on screen at the same time. This worked by selecting the “Remove Player 2” option on the first controller, while pressing Start on the second controller. The glitch worked in both the overworld and the individual stages.
The full Cuphead patch notes, via the developer, can be found below.
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy