Earlier today an Amazon listing went up for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, a PS4 port of the arcade game that hit Japan in 2015. Now, Square Enix has officially announced the game for PS4, along with a trailer and release window. The console version of Dissidia will be heading West in early 2018, with a few new features to boot. Here’s a few details from the Amazon page that went live earlier.
- Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want – Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles
- Legendary narrative – Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II)
- Your fantasy. Your fight – Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion – from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up
- Only the brave survive – The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill
Additionally, a few new details arrived from the Japanese live stream as well, courtesy of Gematsu.
- There isn’t a “story mode” per say as it’s mainly based off of the Japanese arcade fighting game. However, the PS4 version will have a story not found in arcades, delivered through event scenes.
- You won’t have to fight other players, you can experience a single story no matter how you want to play.
- The game still uses the basic 3vs3 battle system found in the arcades, but will include brand new systems and battle modes as well.
- The arcade version will continue to be updated first.
- The game will be playable at E3 from June 13 to 15.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is slated to release early 2018 for PS4. We’ll make sure to update you on any new details that might come out of this year’s E3, and make sure to watch the announcement trailer down below. You can also visit the game’s official site for more details.
CHECK OUT MORE
- 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Yakuza 6 Get Featured on E3 2017’s Badge Design
- Nintendo Releases a Switch Summer Trailer, Featuring ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Pokken Tournament DX
- SMT: Deep Strange Journey, Etrian Odyssey V, and Radiant Historia Get Confirmed for Western Release