If the 2k series isn’t your cup of tea, but would still like a basketball game, NBA Playgrounds might just be your game. Ditching the strategic, controlled playstyle of NBA 2k, Playgrounds is over the top, much more reminiscent of the NBA Street series.
The game will be out in just under a week on May 9 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game will be a digital release only at the price of $19.99.
NBA Playgrounds is a 2-on-2 game, similar to what you might find in a pickup game, over the traditional 5-on-5. While Playgrounds won’t feature every single NBA player, they will have big names like Golden State Warrior’s Stephen Curry and Chicago Bulls’ Jimmy Butler. The game will also have retired players like Allen Iverson and even players from re-branded teams, such as the Seattle SuperSonic’s Shawn Kemp.
There are just some of the features listed:
- Up your Game! Features a progression system to unlock real NBA players. Uncover new moves for each player as you upgrade their experience.
- Tournaments and Online Play. Play solo, with friends in local and online multiplayer, or against the world in online tournaments.
- Lottery Pick System. The lottery pick system introduces a new twist to the game by rewarding great play with unique rewards.
- Massive Roster of NBA Superstars. Current and retired ballers from all the official NBA teams will be available at launch. Hundreds more NBA superstars will be added post-launch.
- Over-the-top Moves. Timing is key, whether you’re shooting 3-pointers, pulling off major dunks, showing off your finger-roll game, or defying analytics and winning with long 2-pointers.
Check Out More
- Phantom Dust Remastered Will Have Native Resolution, DLC and Mission Skipping
- Trails in the Sky the 3rd Launches Today, Celebrate With a New Trailer
- Nintendo Seemingly Confirms Ocarina of Time Location Is in Breath of the Wild