Good news Pokemon fans and Apple Watch owners, you can now keep up to date with all of the goings on inside Pokemon GO without looking at your phone.
The app was made available just now on the App Store for the Apple Watch. Pokemon GO on the Apple Watch will allow you to quickly check if there’s a Pokemon or Poke Stop nearby for you to check out when you’re on the go.
Unfortunately, however, the app won’t allow you to capture a nearby Pokemon, even when it alerts you that one has appeared. To seal the deal and add the cuddly creature to your collection, you’ll still need to get your iPhone out.
Niantic provided the following handy recap of all of the core features Apple Watch users will get access to with the Pokemon GO app.
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
Will you be downloading Pokemon GO for your Apple Watch if you have one? Or have you stopped your quest to be the very best? Let us know down in the comments below.