Valkyria Chronicles Remastered launches today on the PlayStation 4, and Sega has released a trailer to celebrate. The game can be purchased in stores or digitally on the PlayStation Store.
Valkyria Chronicles takes place on the fictional continent of Europa, after it’s been plunged into the midst of the Second Europa War between the Autocratic East Europan Imperial Alliance — also known as The Empire — and the Atlantic Federation. The Empire is quickly taking the continent and has its eyes on the the Principality of Gallia, and their deposits of the rich resource Ragnite. Players take the role of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther and Squad 7 of the Gallian Military as they take on the overwhelming forces of The Empire.
The game’s launch trailer shows us the hand-drawn aesthetic of the original updated in HD, along with some of the features of the remaster. You can watch the trailer down below.
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered features:
• HD “CANVAS” Graphics Engine – The stunning, painterly graphics return, but this time in 1080p/60fps high definition quality! Battles and cutscenes are conveyed like a vibrant tapestry in motion.
• “BLiTZ” tactical battle system – Part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter, the” BLiTZ” system is an innovative mechanic that makes battles simultaneously strategic and action-packed. Players will command and control their soldiers and tanks as they take on the Empire in 30 different battlefronts.
• Memorable storyline – Set against the backdrop of a world war, Gunther, Alicia, Largo and the rest of the fierce members of Squad 7 fight for personal reasons in the name of freedom, and the hope against all odds of liberating Gallia from Empire control, all in the face of the terrible realities of war.
• DLC Included – Besides the core game, Valkyria Chronicles HD includes all previously released DLC: Hard EX Mode, Edy’s Mission, Selvaria’s Mission, and Challenge of the Edy Detachment.
Did you play Valkyria Chronicles when it launched on the PlayStation 3? Are you planning on picking up the remaster, and playing it for the first time? Leave a commment, and let us know.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Hideo Kojima Unveils the Character from the Kojima Productions Logo
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U Gets Large Patch Later This Month
- Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Will Have Brand New Music, Main Theme Coming “Soon”
- Miitomo Questions Only Used for Good and “Better Experiences,” Says Nintendo