Today Microsoft had an announcement to share that will likely please Minecraft players on PC.
Following yesterday’s launch of The Wild Update the two PC editions of the game, Bedrock (which is closer to the console versions) and Java (which is pretty much the original flavor) will now be sold in a single package including both.
On top of that, if you already own one, you’re getting the other at no additional cost, and both will be available in a single launcher.
That being said, it may take 2-3 days to find the other version in your launcher, while Microsoft rolls out the change gradually.
You can find a celebratory trailer below.
Minecraft is currently available for basically everything with a chip, including PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. There probably are more devices, but I’ve lost track.
In case you missed it, you can read a summary of the latest update below.
- The Deep Dark biome, which features new blocks like sculk blocks and shriekers and the warden –a terrifying new mob lurking in the depths.
- The Mangrove Swamp biome, which features a new wood variant – mangrove trees – and a lush new environment to explore.
- Boats with Chests, to make exploration easier without having to worry about inventory space.
- Frogs (and of course, tadpoles) are an adorable addition to the game and can create a new light source, froglights, when they consume a magma cube.
- Mud blocks, crafted from dirt and water, which are completely renewable and provide new ways to build.
- And finally, the fan-voted allay, adding new gameplay mechanics by helping players transport items for bases and builds.