To celebrate the game’s official launch tomorrow, Gran Turismo 7 Polyphony Digital has released the game’s opening movie. The eight-minute-long video is all about the art and beauty of racing and cars, as it goes over the history of everything from the six-cylinder Rolls Royce to the evolution of the Michelin tire.
You can check out the opening video for yourself right down below.
Gran Turismo 7 is available on Mar. 4, 2022, for PS4 and PS5. For more information, you can check out our official review, in which we gave the game a 4/5, describing it as “one of the best PlayStation exclusives of this generation so far.”
There’s also a series of featurettes started a few months ago, in which producer Kazunori Yamauchi talked about car culture in general, one on collecting cars, one on racing, one on liveries, one on the Scapes photo mode, one featuring tuning, and one on the power of PS5.
“GT7 was developed in part to provide an in-depth retrospect of the past 150 years of automotive history, highlighting everything from production cars, concept vehicles and race machines. It continues to convey the same values of the first Gran Turismo, which was released 25 years ago, but in a much broader all-encompassing fashion with the intent to not only satisfy die-hard GT fans, but attract a new generation of players who are just learning about cars.
As the culmination of the Gran Turismo series, major improvements have been made in every area, such as its systems and overall content.”
- Gran Turismo 7 Getting 3 New Cars With Free May 2022 Update Today
- Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.13 Adds 3 New Cars, Spa-Francorchamps 24-hour layout, & More
- Gran Turismo 7 Changes Including Higher Rewards Announced by Polyphony; New Cars & Tracks Also Coming
- Gran Turismo 7 Producer Kazunori Yamauchi Apologizes for Outage & Explains Event Reward Changes
- Gran Turismo 7 Patch 1.07 Released Bringing Livestream-Friendly Mode and Fixes; Patch Notes Inside