Developer Kojima Productions is continuing its support of Death Stranding: Director’s Cut this week with a brand new update that is said to add ‘new fun elements to the game’ in the form of jump ramps, motorcycle stunts, and time attack trials.
A trailer included with today’s announcement showcases some of the action to come. As you’ll see below, the jump ramps look like a blast, allowing you to perform your best Evil Kneeval impression with long-distance jumps and even stunts as you fly through the air. The race track, meanwhile, adds a competitive multiplayer element to the game as time attack scores are connected between players via a leaderboard.
Twinfinite reviewed Death Stranding Director’s Cut last year and was impressed with the new content that it added to what was already a unique gameplay experience. We scored it 4.5/5 and concluded:
“Death Stranding Director’s Cut continues to impress with its fearless commitment to fetch quests on top of fetch quests, and again, it’s not going to change your mind if you didn’t already buy into what it was selling back in 2019. But if you did, the Director’s Cut enhances and enriches that original experience, and you’ll be happy you jumped back into this one.“
You can check out our feature wrapping up the four biggest additions to the game in the Director’s Cut here.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut is available on PlayStation consoles and PC.
- Report: A New Death Stranding Game May Be in Development
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut Still Runs Great on PC, & Still Looks Weird in Ultrawide
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut Celebrates Its Upcoming PC Launch With a New Trailer
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut PC Trailer Shows off a Mysterious Facility
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut Trailer Outlines New Features Ahead of PC Release