Destiny 2’s meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity and either counters are found, or Bungie ends up nerfing them into oblivion and new favorites rise. In this guide we’re going to run through the best weapons for Destiny 2’s PvP, Trials of Osiris and competitive game modes as of the Beyond Light expansion.
Let’s start this off by saying that, ultimately, what the best weapon for PvP and Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2 for you is whatever gun you’re most comfortable using. Sure, Felwinter’s Lie is great, but if you suck with shotguns well, it’s not going to be great for you. There’s no auto-win gun.
Also, it’s worth noting that this guide will only contain guns that have not been sunset, with the exception of Revoker, which is still incredibly popular with snipers because of its unique properties.
This is by no means a definitive list of every gun that is good in the Crucible, PvP and Trials of Osiris, this is just meant to be a greatest hits list of sorts, featuring a little bit of everything for players of all different tastes from our various weapon guides.
Let’s start with the best legendary weapons for PvP and then we’ll move onto the best exotic weapons for PvP.
Best Legendary Weapons for PvP & Trials of Osiris in Destiny 2 (2022)
- 1000-Yard Stare (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Void) – Possible drop from encounters in the dungeon Grasp of Avarice.
- Adored (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Arc) – Complete the quest, X In Your Sights.
- Astral Horizon (Shotgun, Kinetic) – Obtained via Trials of Osiris.
- Bad Omens (Rocket Launcher, Power, Void) – Random world drop.
- Bottom Dollar (Hand Cannon, Energy, Void) – Possible reward from Gambit matches and Gambit rank-ups.
- Dire Promise (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Drang (Sidearm, Energy, Solar) – Complete the quest, My Captain on Nessus.
- Felwinter’s Lie (Shotgun, Energy, Solar) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
- Frozen Orbit (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing Crucible matches and obtaining rank-up packages.
- Glacioclasm (Fusion Rifle, Energy, Void) – Reward during The Dawning seasonal event.
- Gnawing Hunter (Auto Rifle, Energy, Void) – Random world drop.
- Igneous Hammer (Hand Cannon, Energy, Solar) – Reward from Trials of Osiris.
- Ignition Code (Kinetic) – Possible drop from Key Code chests in Override & Splicer Umbral Engrams.
- Revoker (Sniper Rifle, Kinetic) – Purchase from exotic kiosk.
- Riiswalker (Kinetic) – Reward from Iron Banner.
- Sacred Provenance (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Salvager’s Salvo (Energy, Arc) – Ritual weapon quest from Banshee-44.
- Seventh Seraph SAW (Machine Gun, Power, Arc) – Random world drop.
- Stars in Shadow (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Possible reward from completing Crucible matches.
- The Last Dance (Sidearm, Energy, Arc) – Random world drop.
- The Messenger (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic) – Reward from Trials of Osiris.
- The Steady Hand (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Reward from Iron Banner
- The Summoner (Auto Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Obtained via Trials of Osiris
- True Prophecy (Hand Cannon, Kinetic) – Random world drop..
- Trustee (Scout Rifle, Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt.
There’s a lot to break down up there, so we’ll just highlight a few of the best PvP weapons in particular that you’re going to see a lot of whether you’re in quickplay, comp’, or Trials of Osiris.
Adored is the go-to sniper for many players right now, replacing Revoker since it was sunset. That said, you’ll still see some Revokers out there from dedicated users that just don’t want to let go.
With Mindbender’s gone, Felwinter’s Lie has moved into the undisputed king of shotguns role now, with some players that don’t enjoy Felwinter’s style of play opting for other options such as The Chaperone and Astral Horizon.
Season of the Chosen added a lot of interesting weapons for hand cannon users such as Bottom Dollar, and old favorites such as Dire Promise are still quite viable.
If you can manage to get some wins in Trials of Osiris, Igneous Hammer is an extremely popular and meta hand cannon right now that can free up the ability to use an exotic primary or heavy weapon.
If you’re not a sniper, hand cannon, or a shotgun user, you have lots of other legendary options to choose from. Gnawing Hunger is an excellent legendary auto rifle that can roll with great perks.
Trustee is a very fun to use rapid-frame Scout Rifle and there are plenty of great pulse rifles to pick up as well, even with Bygones… gone. My personal pick would be a well-rolled Sacred Provenance, but something like Cold Denial or Stars in Shadows works too.
Fusion rifle users are kind of lost right now with the sunsetting of a lot of popular legendary weapons such as Erentil FR. Your best bet is to migrate over to Bastion for now unless you have a well-rolled Glacioclasm.