Today, during the PlayStation Showcase livestream hosted by Sony Interactive Entertainment, the house of PlayStation had a reveal to make for Gran Turismo 7.
We get to see customization and gameplay aplenty, but more importantly, we also get a release date. The game will launch on March 4, 2022.
The game appears to bring backs all of what fans missed in Gran Turismo Sport and much more.
You can check it out below and see what it looks like.
If you’re unfamiliar with Gran Turismo 7, here’s the official description.
“Whether you’re a competitive racer, collector, fine-tuning builder, livery designer, photographer or arcade fan – ignite your personal passion for cars with features inspired by the past, present and future of Gran Turismo.
From classic vehicles and tracks to the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode – enjoy the best features from past installments of the series. And if you love to race – practice and compete in the FIA Championships and Sport Mode.
But Gran Turismo 7 is also about more than racing. Refine and create in the evolved tuning and customization mode or improve your skills and racing strategies through Driving School.”
The PS5 version will also include the following features:
- Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targeted 60 FPS frame rate.
- Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
- Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.